Stay or Go, Day 16

After my hill training I went to a neighborhood in Tavares, a town just north of Howey-in-the-Hills, to pop in on a few open houses. The prices were right, so I wanted to get a feel for the neighborhood. It was a 55+ neighborhood, which is what almost all are around here. To sum it up, no way. This trip did not win any points for the "stay" category.

Reason to stay: cycling with El (but how long will that last, she has 12 years on me so I really need to find a cycling friend my age or younger if I want to use this as an excuse to stay).

Reason to go: the heat and humidity (we have to risk heat stroke for more than half the year).

Lake Harris at 7am and it was already uncomfortably hot! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20