Stay or Go, Day 1

I need to decide where (and when) to retire. I can't keep putting it off. So I am giving myself a year, 365 days, to make a decision. I used my blog to make the same sort of decision when I was living in Florence, KY... and I ended up in Uganda with the Peace Corps. I doubt I will make such a drastic decision this time, but you never know. So, for this effort, everyday for 365 days (maybe once a week), I will take a picture of my current surrounding and think about a reason to stay and a reason to go. At the end of the year, I'll look back and reflect on what I have and if I'm willing to leave it all for the great unknown.

For my first picture on this journey, I went to my courtyard and snapped a shot of my little Florida garden. The fun thing about this garden is where the plants came from... Boston ferns from Dad's garden, Elephant Ears from Donna's garden, and the Ti Plants from Mom's garden. There are others from Mom's garden, but you can't see them in this shot - Spider plants, Snake plants, Wondering Jew, plus a few others I don't know the names of. 

Reason to Stay: Florida gardening is familiar and I can keep propagating these guys so I don't need to spend money on new plants.

Reason to Go: Four season gardening... I get to learn a whole new way of gardening and explore plants that would never survive in the Florida heat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20