San Francisco (FSR Training), Aug 5-9

Another work trip to a cool town... how exciting!! Of course, I've already been to San Francisco, so I didn't have any interest in battling traffic and hunting for parking in the city. I really didn't think I needed to see the Golden Gate Bridge or Fisherman's Wharf again. This time I went to the beach.  

Here is the KSFO airport as seen from a little park across the street from my hotel. It was a beautiful airport and the terminals were spacious and filled with art. It was also very organized and easy to find your way around. I think this is up there on top airports I've been to. The work part of trip was just ok (and that's putting it nicely). The FSR acted as though he already knew everything I was there to show him, and he probably did. He had been to the Oakland TSS to have his playing area updated and get a sneak peak at the new stuff. I suspect he was friends with that FSR and they were both prior RPO's. The KSFO FSR even called himself a "gamer" so he was wanting to open files and make changes in ways the typical user should not be doing. Whatever... I was annoyed but Adacel was paying me to be there, so I went in three days and left early every day!!
I could not believe how many birds where on the beach and floating in the water.
The cliffs were cool. There weren't too many places to get down to the beaches, but there were trails leading out there.
There flowers were all over the place. Fields of them in purple and white.
That was a secluded beach, I don't think any trails lead down. I didn't see any people, so I stuck to the trails on the cliff tops.
And there I am, hiking the trails of the California coast. The low clouds were kind of cool, and a bit weird to drive through. It was actually very cold there, unlike my trip to Canada which I thought would be the cold one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20