Atlanta, GA (FSR Training), Jul 8-12

 Never have been a fan of Atlanta, but this was a work trip so I made the most of it and ventured downtown to the aquarium. I think the parking fee was as much as the entrance fee!

Before going into the aquarium, I walked around Centennial Olympic Park. There were a bunch of sculptures dedicated to the Olympic athletes... and there were fountains, and splash pads for kids, and nicely maintained gardens. It was a very nice park. Unfortunately, it was in downtown Atlanta, so there were also a lot of "crazies" and the drive in was scary. 

They had an octopus!! He was a crowd favorite so I had to elbow my way past a lot of kids to get this shot. The aquarium was insane. There were 10x too many people in there and the layout was chaotic. It was just crowds of people everywhere and there was no flow from one exhibit to the next. I constantly felt like I was fighting my way through the masses to see anything in the tanks. The place could have been impressive, but it was too stressful for me to enjoy so I left after an hour. I usually find aquariums cool and peaceful. I guess I went at the wrong time. If I ever return to this town and want to go to the aquarium, I'll go early morning when they first open and be sure to pick a day when all the kids are in school.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20