Philadelphia (FSR training), Apr 22-16

Philadelphia was my second trip for Adacel to conduct the onsite FSR trainings. Miami was the first, but I had no pictures of that trip, so apparently I did not feel the need to document it. I've been to Miami before and was not impressed, so maybe it is best forgotten. I'll only return if my job requires it.


Now for Philadelphia. On the last day of training I got done early so I took the train into the city. It was an experience. I always wondered what it would be like to live in a city that required me to commute by train. I'm very thankful I don't!!


This is the train station in the city. It took me a little bit to get my bearings and make sure I knew how to get back to the correct platform to return to the airport. It was a beautiful lobby, but if you walked down any of the corridors or outside, hang on, because it was rough. Sadly, there were a lot of homeless people and "crazies". It was the middle of the day though, so I felt safe enough and ventured out to the art museum, which turned out to be about a two mile walk.

Here is the view I was greeted with when I left the train station. Reminded me a bit of Cincinnati. Also reminded me that I am not a city girl, I endured the walk just to check the box and say that I saw Philadelphia, and not just the hotel next door to the airport.

There was a pretty cool statue in front of the art museum. I think it was supposed to be George Washington with Native Americans around him. I'm not sure what story they were trying to tell. There were a ton of tourists all around so I didn't read any of the plaques. 


Here is the Rocky statue... from the long ago movie "Rocky". The steps of the Philadelphia art museum is where they shot the scenes of him running up the stairs. You know the scene I'm talking about. Can you believe there was actually a line to get a selfie with the statue?!

And that was my work trip to Philadelphia. And, oh yeah, I did go into the museum gift shop, but I didn't pay to actually go into the museum. It was nearing late afternoon and I was determined to get back to my hotel before sunset. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20