Minneapolis (FSR Training) May 14-16

I was pleasantly surprised with Minneapolis. It was really pretty, quant, and bike-friendly. Too bad the winters are so brutal or I'd think of moving there! Well, not to the city (nothing could turn me into a city girl), but the pricey suburbs just to the south of the city.

I only had a few free hours to explore the city so I took a drive along the Mississippi River and ended up in downtown. I didn't even realize the Mississippi River started that far north! Minneapolis-St Paul are referred to as the twin cities. Minneapolis is on the west side of the river and St Paul is on the east side. 

Minneapolis

St Paul (as seen from the Minneapolis side of the Mississippi River)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20