Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

I haven't done too much to blog about these last few weeks. I did get out on my bike a few times around Lake Nona. I love the open fields with cows, but know this will end in the not too distant future. They already have plans to build a giant shopping mall with a Target and other chain stores and restaurants, plus the housing developments are out of control. I have to remind myself to enjoy the open spaces while they last and take solace in knowing that I will not be retiring here. I'm longing for the country and cooler temperatures. I think it hits me the hardest in October because I love fall with the changing leaves and its promise of winter and the holidays soon to come. Hard to get into the spirit in Florida when your sipping a pumpkin spiced ICED latte because its still in the 90's and we are considering ourselves lucky if we get a morning that starts out below 80. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20