Another great ride with the FFW's. This time, a bunch of us joined a larger ride... maybe 100 people? You could go any pace you wanted and follow courses marked for 36, 50, 67, and 100. Well, I should have know after the 47 mile ride with Lori that I was a little out of shape, but I rode the 67 mile route anyway. I stuck with my normal C-paced group for the first 35, then took it down a notch. El stayed with me and the two of us took our time. We completed all 67 miles, but my thighs we burning that last 5! I didn't even look at our average moving speed. It was still a good time and a beautiful day. I few of us at the 20-mile sag stop. Me and El at the finish. Felt so good to be done!
Thanks to my Veteran status, every year I get four free tickets to either Busch Gardens or Sea World. Last year I invited Donna, Gerald, and Leah to Sea World. That was smack dab in the middle of the Covid pandemic and what a night mare. 😱Or maybe Sea World is always a night mare, I'm not sure. The service was just horrible and the lines were hours long. It took us nearly two hours to get lunch and I swear, the employees were working in slow motion. It was like everyone had the Covid brain fog. Anyway... that as last year. This year we went to Busch Gardens and it was the exact opposite. 😊It as storming in the morning so we decided on a little later of a start (plus I had to drive from Orlando). By 11:00 when we met, the rains had just about ended. The weather was overcast which was fantastic since that helped keep the heat at a minimum. The place was not crowded either. I think everyone was scared off by the morning storms, or maybe the Saturday after a holiday weekend is the b...
I forgot to post this over the weekend. I had less than two days at home between trips to bring out all my pumpkins for fall. Decorating for fall always makes me happy!!! I crocheted this!!! Another library crochet class win. Love it 💗
Comments
Post a Comment