The Florida Orchestra, Jan 7

I went with Mom, Donna, Gerald, and Leah to see The Florida Orchestra perform An American in Paris by George Gershwin. Wow, what an amazing performance. They played Fire Drunk by Joshua Cerdenia, which was good, then a Tuba concerto by Wynton Marsalis, which was also good, but not my favorite. After intermission was Black, Brown, and Beige by Duke Ellington, which was jazzy and fun. Then came An American in Paris by George Gershwin, which was terrific. The Florida Orchestra did a fantastic job. I always enjoy seeing them play and I think its interesting to see them perform different compositions, even though I know nothing about music! I'm always impressed.

It was great spending time with the family too. We started at Mom's for dinner, then went together to see the show, then did a bike ride the next morning. Really nice time.

What a wonderful family!

No a good selfie of Mom, squished between her two lovely daughters :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20