First bike ride of the New Year, Jan 6

My first ride of the year was a slow, solo ride in Lake Nona. It was a peaceful, no pressure kind of ride, with a stop at the statues. 21 miles to start me off on my 2023 goal. I'm a bit doubtful I will make my swim/walk/bike goals since I'm having a total knee replacement Jan 18, but I plan to work hard in rehab get back out there as fast as possible.

The backside of my favorite statue. Haha, I didn't purposely take a picture from this angle, it was just the scene I had while sitting and enjoying my ride snack and little rest. The statue park has lots of seating areas for people to rest and enjoy the park. Yes, it's Astroturf is you're wondering how they keep the grass so green. But all of the palms and ferns and flowers are real. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Nov 18-26

Cycling in the Nonahood, Oct 8

FFW Horrible Hundred, Nov 20